Because so many of my memories call for repression, I often have difficulty—especially in the year’s dying breaths—recalling anything significant I’ve done over the past twelve months. The ensuing highlight reel, I hope, will make recalling my significant accomplishments of 2017 less difficult by setting forth concrete evidence that they don’t exist. Have a look at this year’s stupid endeavors on which I chose to waste my time instead.
- Created a mini photo series of moments that had me questioning my life choices
- Had the most entertaining and terrifying email correspondence with That One Professor
- Caught the serial no-flusher on my dorm floor… kind of
- At last, forgave myself for being a cat person
- Came up with increasingly ridiculous birthday presents, like a ginger gift basket for my ginger friend and a party to celebrate another friend’s birthday without him
- Exercised that one time
- Ate the chicken and wasn’t even sorry
- Accidentally became a security threat
- Learned the place of bowling in corporate America
- Expressed incredulity at how I’m not yet a master photographer
- Eavesdropped for a school assignment and have yet to live it down
2017, you were an odd one. Here’s to the new year.
Please consider following this blog via email and/or liking its Facebook page, where I post occasional life updates and quality excuses for the lack of said life updates. Oh, and find me on Instagram, too.
Last post: The Lasagna Thief. Really like this one but it was too recent to include on the reel. Also check out the New Year’s Eve-ish posts I’ve done in previous years!